Ubuntu 14.04 compilation disc

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby dunbrokin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am

I have loaded up Ubuntu 14.04 from the recent disc that came with the magazine. However, the post Grub splash screen is Lubuntu and the greeter/login screen is also Lubuntu. I have tried a number of things (like fiddling with lightdm) to change it ...but no luck...where should I be looking? I did not invoke Lubutu at any stage...I just wanted Ubuntu?
dunbrokin

Postby towy71 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:30 pm

log out and choose a different desktop the user name is ubuntu and there is no password
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Postby nelz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:43 pm

The splash and login screens are Lubuntu but the actual desktop is whichever you chose from the boot menu. Once installed, you have all the desktops available and, as Towy said, pick the one you want from the login screen. Your choice will be remembered as the default for future logins.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby dunbrokin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi All, thanks for the pointers. I did in fact choose Ubuntu and it is Ubuntu that runs when I open up each time....but the splash and greeter screens stubbornly remain Lubuntu. I have even changed the lightdm module from Lubuntu to Ubuntu and the post grub splash screen...but these seem to be ignored. I know it is only cosmetic...but it is still a tad annoying.
dunbrokin

Lubuntu Theme in LightDM

Postby dunbrokin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:45 am

So where does he lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf get called from? If I know that then I can substitute the Unity one...at least that will be a start!
dunbrokin

Return to Help!