Old Cover Disks Available

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Old Cover Disks Available

Postby Nuke » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 am

I am having a clearout and later this week I shall be dumping most of my pre-2010 LXF cover disks. They go back almost to Issue 1, but I have thrown away the useless "eco" disks that were tried (around 2008?). If anyone wants any posted to them, or a particular distro or OSS app from any of them e-mailed to them, let me know in the next couple of days.

If you want a lot (or the lot) I shall ask for postage.

BTW, it was interesting to see the variation over the years in the enclosures. Starting with full size jewel cases of changing design, with enclosed paperwork, then going to the slim ones, then book-style cardboard sleeves, and finally simple cardboard sleeves. Decline, decline ... You wont get the jewel cases though.
Unsolved mysteries of the Universe, No 13 :-
How many remakes of Anna Karenina does the World need?
Nuke
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:43 am

Every magazine has made the change in disc packaging. The jewel cases added a lot of bulk to magazines, massively increasing shipping costs.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Nuke » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:02 pm

I wasn't complaining, just recounting a bit of history.

I actually have jewel cases coming out of my ears now. The more recent DVDs I want to keep I put in a jewel case anyway, cutting out the index side of the cardboard cover to slip into the lid.
Unsolved mysteries of the Universe, No 13 :-
How many remakes of Anna Karenina does the World need?
Nuke
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs