digital subscription to LXFvia zinio on android

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

digital subscription to LXFvia zinio on android

Postby beerstein » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi: hope I am right in this place with my question.
I bought a 1 year subscription on ZINIO and can download and read the LXF pages in my 7 inch tablet running Android 4.01
I also ca copy the PDF files over to my desktop. But here I can not open the PDFs. Do I need a user password and a owner password or both to open these PDFs?
How can I obtain these pass words?
Can I print the PDFs?

Thanks for help
I have a digital subscription of Linux Format via Zinio. I use Android to read an download on my 7 inch tablet. I would like to print the PDFs but I am not able. I am looking for Help.
beerstein

Postby beerstein » Sat May 18, 2013 3:53 pm

since nobody can help me - I will post here what I experienced so far.

The ZINIO digital version of LFX magazine can only be read on Apple I-stuff, Android and WIN 8 tablet-phone. It can not be displayed by Linux machines at all. Makes no sense to me. The .pdf files are protected. One needs a password to display on a desktop PC.
No one is willing to tell me where I can buy such a password.

Who put that password protection into the .pdfś ?
ZINIO or Linux Format or is ZINIO forced to put it in.

So far I bought a GBP 50.00 ZINIO subscription, which I will never renew,
I had to buy the back issues on top of it mailed to California, another GBP 50.00

I would like to see a complete how to on getting digital content, view and print on desktops.
I have a digital subscription of Linux Format via Zinio. I use Android to read an download on my 7 inch tablet. I would like to print the PDFs but I am not able. I am looking for Help.
beerstein

Return to Help!