Where is my magazine(163, 164, 165, 166, 167 and 168 missing

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Where is my magazine(163, 164, 165, 166, 167 and 168 missing

Postby Jaso » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:49 am

I haven't received my Linux Format for ages now. Last issue was 162.

I had a subscription to Sweden and me and my missus moved to UK. So my missus contacted my favorite magazines and asked for a redirection. But there was NO confirmation, no reply what so ever.

So we spent £99.99 on 4 issues of Linux Format.

Upset and disappointed....
Jaso

Postby Jaso » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Obviously Linux Format do not care about their readers since there is no reply what so ever.

If i would publish a magazine, i would make sure that the distributor would take care of my customers, or at least correct the mistake.

Since My Favourite Magazines has not done what they should have, i am requesting help here.
Jaso

Postby Ram » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

You wait 6 month to complain... then scream after a couple of hours of your first post.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Postby Jaso » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Ram wrote:You wait 6 month to complain... then scream after a couple of hours of your first post.

Excuse me. But as i posted before, i have NOT waited 6 months, we have contacted My Favourite Magazines to change the address, but they did nothing.

And are you a member or staff/Future Publishing? Also if you don't have anything constructive to say, please do not post. :)
Jaso

Postby Dutch_Master » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm

This forum is not the right place to contact the publisher. As you're in the UK now, why haven't you picked up a phone and gave them a ring? As you could have done when you got there in the first place, all those months ago...

So, stop whining to people who have nothing to do with your problem and take responsibility yourself... (gosh, that sounds like a certain J. Clarkson, isn't it? :P)
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby Jaso » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Dutch_Master wrote:This forum is not the right place to contact the publisher. As you're in the UK now, why haven't you picked up a phone and gave them a ring? As you could have done when you got there in the first place, all those months ago...

So, stop whiling to people who have nothing to do with your problem and take responsibility yourself... (gosh, that sounds like a certain J. Clarkson, isn't it? :P)

Hmmm, let me see, what is this section called... Oh yes "Magazines and coverdiscs".. ;)

My favourite Magazines is owned and operated by Future Publishing whom surprise surprise publishes Linux Format.

And i will also quote Jezza: How hard can it be? ;)
Jaso

Postby Ram » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:58 pm

No I'm not a staff member but a satisfied customer.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Postby wyliecoyoteuk » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:37 pm

This is a forum.It is provided and maintained by Linux Format's publishers to enable discussion amongst the readers.
It may surprise you, but although it is provided by Linux Format, it is not monitored 24 hours a day by their staff.
The Linux Format writers do pop in from time to time, but it hardly surprising if they have not read your post on a Friday afternoon at the end of the month.
Expect replies to phone calls or emails, but don't expect instant response to a posting on a public forum which rarely gets more than 20 posts a day
The sig between the asterisks is so cool that only REALLY COOL people can even see it!

wyliecoyoteuk
LXF regular

Postby Dutch_Master » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:58 pm

Jaso wrote:And i will also quote Jezza: How hard can it be? ;)
Exactly, just pick up the d*mn phone :roll:
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Postby towy71 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:42 pm

Perhaps this had better stop now thanks ;-) I'm sure the message will get through eventually :D
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs