Any Open-Source Client Management Software for Freelancers?

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Any Open-Source Client Management Software for Freelancers?

Postby gr1zzly » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi, I know this isn't specifically a linux issue but I was wondering...

Does anyone know of any free, open-source client management software that's good for freelancers? (I'm a web developer)

Just a fairly basic PHP/MySQL solution for keeping track of client details, jobs and invoices. Possibly invoice generation too, but not essential.

I don't know if CRM is the right thing or not? Most of these seem to be sales based (not appropriate to my needs). I've looked at Tryton (http://www.tryton.org/en/) but that's a full-scale ERP and seems very complex.

Thanks in advance!
What would Gordon Freeman do?
gr1zzly

Postby johnhudson » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:38 pm

Depending on what you mean by 'jobs' - if you mean individual jobs rather than tracking progress - gnucash will probably do all you need - though I know it is not exactly what you may have thought of for such a task.
johnhudson
LXF regular

Postby gr1zzly » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 am

Hey John, thanks very much, you're right I'd not have thought of that but it's a great idea!

Installed it this morning and I'm starting to explore it's features, looks like a great piece of software! Although it's not necessarily ideal for my needs it is at least functional for now to enable me to keep a track of my client (and personal) accounts.

In the long run though I would like a piece of software that I can track individual jobs, set milestones and possibly produce reports, gantt charts etc. so I'm open to other suggestions from people.

Many thanks!
What would Gordon Freeman do?
gr1zzly

Return to Help!