delay in Raspberry Pi.

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Re: delay in Raspberry Pi

Postby leke » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Jimmers wrote:Finally got to try the Raspberry Pi, what a disapointment nothing happened, following the instructions in LFX 159, nothing got as far as "You'll see a red power light next to the USB Connections, and shortly you will see some some flashing green lights appear, (Where???).
Tried re-installing Debian from the website, but no joy,
tomorrow I will visit my local Argos and purchase a 16gb Kingston flash drive, as I find I have more joy with them,
the one I have been trying is a (8gb Sanddisk.)

As always all Help, Ideas, Suggestions always appreciated
What are you using to power your Pi? Is it your own USB power supply or one from the supplier? I read somewhere the supply has to be of a certain amperage.
leke
LXF regular

Postby Ram » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Just to confirm I didn't break the the crust on my pi trying it without the storage attached. Here I am posting from it via vnc.

Power supplys I've used that work are HTC Desire phone charger, my powered usb hub and works laptop docking station.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
Ram
LXF regular

Postby leke » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:12 am

I've just got it!!! but nearly missed it...
I got an email from DHL several days ago telling me it was being delivered (arrival not specified).

09:00 this morning, door bell rings. Wife wakes me and kicks me out of bed to answer the door (I was mentally hung over after coding until the early hours of the morning). I'm surprised DHL waited as long as they did for me to answer.

Anyway, showed it to son number one and he looked disappointed (bloody kids of today), or confused. For now he's tasked with building the case out of lego.
leke
LXF regular

Postby Bazza » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Finally got mine today...

Has anyone here installed AROS?

If yes, are there any things or oddities I need to know?

TIA...

Bazza, G0LCU...

Team AMIGA...
Bazza
LXF regular

Previous

Return to Discussion